Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Un-Joyful Things of Spring

Yes, I'm talking allergies.  And colds.  Definitely colds.  And allergies.

I know I skipped Mindful Monday this week, and I apologize, but this lady nursed a sick boy all last week.  Saturday, he appeared better, only to turn ghostly white and vomit while waiting for a table at the Cheesecake Factory.  (At least we weren't eating, right?)  

Mother's Day morning woke me with a truck parked on my face.  The cold had hit with the force of the Polar Vortex" from january.  I'm still suffering, although OTC meds do help me function a little better.  But I just haven't been up to getting this writing thing done.

But it's been beautiful weather here in the Land of Queen Mary.  I put the screens in our new windows.  (Yet another trying experience that goes with hiring people you know to work on your house.)  It's too warm for the heat.  Too cool for the air conditioner.  So the answer to the issue of stagnant air in the house is to open the windows.

And I did just that.  

The breeze pulling through our house was fantastic.  It was so strong, I had to close some of the windows to just a crack while others were shut completely.  But I loved the Spring air freshening our home.  

Until that evening when everyone was miserable with allergy symptoms.  We had watery eyes, runny noses, sneezing, dry throats.  The whole gambit.  Benadryl was handed to the worst cases, and Zyrtec measured out for the kids in the morning.

Monday I was going to post about preventing the spread of colds, because I learned that one student in Bug's Pre-K class was sent in coughing all over every one.  The following week, Bug and at two other students missed classes because of the cold.  (A couple even had fevers.)  So, I was going to talk about not sending your kids to school when they're sick, teaching them to "cover your cough," washing hands, not breathing in people's faces, you know, but I just didn't have the energy.  

I must apologize for this not-much-of-a-post, too.  It's more of a vent, but my brain isn't working well with this truck still parked on my face.   (That reminds me, I plan on making something that I hope to be able to share with you soon.  I'm just working out how I want to set it up.)  Once the truck decides to move along, I should be up and running like my abnormal self again. 

Until Friday. . .

Cover your cough!

No comments:

Post a Comment