Monday, March 10, 2014

Hoppy News. . .

The day after my oldest son's birthday Mom & Me Gourds will be attending our first show as vendors.  We were supposed to do this in early December, but Mother Nature had other plans.  So now we get to make it up in spring!  

It's an event for charity at my favorite Maryland vineyard.




I thought I would give a small sneak peak at one of my latest projects I'll be taking to the show.  My very first gourd project was a toad house, and my latest is a cute, spring-themed house to help sweep the remaining snow off the porch to welcome Spring with open arms.

(Because this project isn't finished yet, this will me more of a photo journal entry.  But it's coming along nicely I think.)
This little toad is like a "welcome home" sign
above the door.
Three mini tulips for a flower bed of sorts.
They now have leaves to adorn their stalks.

I am particularly fond of this trio.
The second row of shingles,
and the character is developing.
The beginnings of
a "shingled" roof.





















Once this little house is complete I will reveal the technique I used for the decorations.  It's such fun to do, and I just love the results.


Hop back soon for more from Mom & Me Gourds!


No comments:

Post a Comment