Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Easter, Revisited

Last week I posted about making your own dye for Easter eggs.  I hadn't yet tried it out for myself, but I promised I would.  And I did!  

It was great fun creating our own colors using the method I posted here.  The colors were incredibly intense, and it took less time to get the vibrant colors than using the tablets. I did use the higher number of drop recommended, so that played into our results.  (I've yet to master the art of photographing vibrant colors, so the pictures aren't fabulous.)


My husband and our oldest boy always make what we call a "dinosaur egg."  It's a blend of all the colors in random order and back again.  This year, instead of being ugly, it turned out a purplish -black color.  (It's the darkest egg in the pictures.)

























Another thing that happened faster with the homemade dyes was the "breakdown" of the colors.  When the boys were finding the eggs on Easter morning, we all noticed there were spots on most of them.  While it may look unattractive to some, I think it adds more character to the intense colors.
Spotty Eggs
The top left is the "dinosaur egg."
I like this egg's changes.  It reminds me of a Water Dragon egg.

Bug got a kite in his basket, and we had a wonderful time flying it in the field.



































 Rejoice!

No comments:

Post a Comment